Can you handle another list of _________ <(insert crazy number here) things I love/hate/make me crazy/annoy me/make me want to stab my eyes out with forks/etc?
Bare with me. You’ll love this one. This one is different. I promise. I was reading an article from Christina Hausauer tonight and it made me smile. It was about finding tiny blessings when your world looks bleak (you should just go follow her and read her stuff anyway).
It made me stop and think about a lot of things in life. Like even, my life and how truly blessed I am.
I don’t have a perfect life. I struggle financially, I struggle with an addiction, I’m single and sometimes lonely, I’m thousands of miles away from my family and friends all who I miss dearly. There are lots of things wrong with my life but there are a million things that are so right with my life too.
Let’s face it. No one has a perfect life. If anyone tells you they do, they’re lying. We all struggle with something.
So if you’re like me, you take time daily to be grateful for the things you have (you do do that right?). You know all the usual ones, your roof, your bed, your family, your job, etc. We all love those things and are grateful for them but what about the simplest little things that we overlook?
Here is a list of my 40 things I love. Writing them out and sharing them with you is therapeutic for me. It reminds me how truly blessed I really am and why I need to stop complaining about ridiculous things like why I can’t get red licorice down here 😵
40 things I love:
- the foster puppy sitting on my lap right now
- YouTube and the 10 hour long zen audios they have that I listen to while I work
- my flannel pjs I brought from Canada
- waking up in the middle of the night to pee and looking outside to see all the stars
- my Christmas lights that are still hanging around all my windows
- my Medium followers who encourage and support me while I try to quit smoking
- the smell of fresh flowers
- bacon and eggs in the morning
- giggling children
- my throw blanket that keeps me toasty in the morning while I meditate and journal
- my beautiful journal made of bamboo
- my gemstone jewelry
- my Angel Card decks
- my fluffy comfy socks I brought from Canada
- making people smile
- emails from people (mostly strangers) telling me I helped them
- my hair when it’s curly
- my hair when it’s straight
- my eyes
- my tattoos
- Fireball whiskey
- the fact that I woke up this morning and can still see
- the fact that I woke up this morning, period.
- making people feel good about themselves
- supporting my friends and family any way I can
- buying food for poor families
- taking the kids shopping at the market and buying them french fries ( an absolute true treat for them)
- learning new things
- walking to the lake and having butterflies all around me
- volunteering at the spay and neuter clinic once a month (I’m the puppy cuddler and the pooper scooper 😜)
- lying in bed at night and watching mindless YouTube videos to take my mind off of things
- listening to the construction workers in my parking lot sing songs in Spanish
- post it notes
- the colour purple
- when I get a random text from someone I haven’t spoken to in awhile
- when I get good morning texts from friends or family (family being my son ❤ )
- singing at the top of my lungs
- karaokeing with my friends
These are the things I love and make my heart sing.
What does your love list look like? When was the last time you wrote one? When was the last time you even thought about the teeniest tiniest little things you have in your life that bring you joy and fill your heart with love?
And in true Medium fashion, I’m gonna tag 10 of my Medium peeps now so we can keep this love train going. So my dear friends, I want you to share with the Medium readers, 40 things you love ❤ Bonnie Barton Glenna Gill Jeff Barton Jason Weiland Sandra Ebejer Stefani Vader Shae Jackson Joren van Schaik Dick Millet Jenny White Cheney Meaghan
Do that today.
One more thing I love….
I love you ❤
Peace and Love
xo iva xo